perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Bill Marrs <b...@apocalypse.org>
Subject Re: Migration + Performance
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 14:27:20 GMT
My problem may be unrelated to threads/MPMs/etc.

Oddly enough, I tracked down my performance issue to a DBI call.

I fill a couple hash tables via a DBI prepare/execute/fetchrow_array
loop.  This loop is taking 2 seconds to complete for 15,000 rows.  The DB
call itself when called via mysql command-line takes .3 seconds.  It looks
like it's directly related to the number of rows I get back.  If I limit
it, the loop takes a lot less time and the site performs better (maybe even
better than before the upgrade).

I'm going to look into using alternate DBI calls to see if I can find one
that performs better when there are a lot of rows returned.  ...and
generally investigate DBI advice/tips/help.

Thanks

-bill