perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Fabiàn R. Breschi" <fabian.bres...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Document management: Info.
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 13:27:06 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Hi Enrico,<br>
Thanks for the reference. pls. read on below.<br>
Enrico Sorcinelli wrote:<br>
 cite="mid20030507144851.1e6a98f9.e.sorcinelli@pisa.iol.it">
  <pre wrap="">On Wed, 07 May 2003 13:52:03 +0200
"Fabi&agrave;n R. Breschi" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:fabian.breschi@acm.org">&lt;fabian.breschi@acm.org&gt;</a>
wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Dear Group,

After a couple of days of research I'm still striving to find out a Document
Management System based on ModPerl and with a RDBMS [...]
My closest commercial well-known comparison is Xerox Docushare v.3. [...]
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
&lt;OT&gt;
Have you looked at the GreenStone collection? (<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.greenstone.org">http://www.greenstone.org</a>)

Many of the features you'd like are implemented (cross platform, indexing,
doc converting doc-&gt;html, pdf-&gt;html, ecc).</pre>
Greenstone looks great for the back end as for what I have glanced there's
a major content indexing, docs conversion etc. I think is very good for document
management categorized in collections (libraries) as shown in the various
examples, where you can put your object into a huge repository and index
it.<br>
 cite="mid20030507144851.1e6a98f9.e.sorcinelli@pisa.iol.it">
  <pre wrap="">
BTW, is a opensource system based on C, Perl and it uses Managing GigaBytes as
indexer.
&lt;/OT&gt;
  </pre>
Nevertheless I'm looking for additional features like web-based front end
files and folders apart from the search engine, where the user can create
his/hers own folders, upload/download/delete objects and possibly manage
some preferences for the look-and-feel, etc. Just a comparison with Xerox
Docushare which turns not to be very bad at all aprat from the fact of beig
commercial.<br>
Again,<br>
Best.<br>
Fabi&agrave;n<br>