perl-modperl mailing list archives

From b...@beaucox.com
Subject Re: mod_perl and Image::Magick
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 23:19:45 GMT
On 6 May 2003 at 13:58, Davis, Benjamin wrote:

> It appears that when I use Image::Magick in mod_perl it causes apache to seg
> fault... has anyone else seen this?
>
> I did a simple read of a JPG and trying to reduce it's size and it just
> dies.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben Davis

Hi Ben -

I use Image::Magick and Apache (2.0.45)/mod_perl
(1.99 cvs)/mason(1.20) and all is well... All of
the pictures on my site's opening page are
Image::Magick'ed (Raise) - http://beaucox.com

Have you tried it standalone (just in a Perl
script)?

One thing: I cannot, for the life of me, get
the CPAN Image::Magick (Perl interface) to
compile, let alone install, on my system. Using
the SuSE pre-configured module (SuSE 8.1) it
works.

Aloha => Beau;