perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Handler attributes
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 03:33:47 GMT
Marc M. Adkins wrote:
>>>But using the '+' notation works jus' fine.  Weird.
>>
>>Doh! Must be the order of executing PerlRequire and PerlModule
>>entries.  Was
>>this configuration inside a VirtualHost container?
>

> Like this:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>   PerlOutputFilterHandler   +Site::Wrapper
> </VirtualHost>
>
>>The vhost is need was the other way around, I'll commit the fix
>>that changes the order now.
>

> Cool.  Though I have a work-around, so I'm happy anyway.

Can you please test the current modperl-2.0 cvs or alternatively apply this
patch and let me know if this works now without the workaround?
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-cvs&m=105183931629250&w=2

>>$filter->remove completely removes the filter from the chain, so it's not
>>going to be invoked at all. Much faster.
>

> I'm assuming that this is on a per connect basis.  That the handler is not
> removed permanently from the chain, but only for the rest of the calls on a
> given page.

That's correct.

>>>    while ($filter->read(my $buffer, 1024)) {
>>>        # process $buffer appropriately
>>>    }
>>
>>of course, you have to print the data out. unless you have
>>stripped that code
>>in this example. If you did, what happens if your filter simply
>>prints out
>>data unmodified? Does it get all the data?
>

> Yeah, I have app-specific code collecting the incoming data and then I spew
> it at the end after seeing EOS.  I've tinkered some and can't reproduce
> without
> my code so I'm guessing it's my problem.  If I can reproduce w/o my code
> I'll certainly pass along the example.

I don't think we have a filter test that has no mod_perl handler that produces
the response. If you can write one, that would be great! If you need help, ask.