perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: Handler attributes
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 00:16:24 GMT

>>which is the example from the perl.com article
>>
>>http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2003/04/17/filters.html
>

> Ah, yes, there's that thing where the filter is invoked multiple times...I
> had read about that but forgotten.  Doubtless that is why I'm getting double
> output.  D'oh!

tricky, isn't it :)

> Note that your example from the article does not actually use the
> FilterRequestHandler attribute

no, it doesn't.  that the filter is an output filter is assumed.  I
have gotten the filter to work with it, though (which is required when
using the FilterInitHandler, which was going to be the subject of
another article :)

> (I'm still wondering just exactly what it is
> supposed to do...I suppose I'll have to traipse through the code sometime).

stas can explain that better than I can.  I think it has to do
something with source filters being used to add your handler to the
proper filter chain - the attributes are used as part of the source
filter mechanism.

> Meanwhile, I had apparently gotten the right configuration (using the '+' as
> discussed above) and not re-checked my code with the attribute because _now
> it works_ for me.

cool :)

--Geoff