perl-modperl mailing list archives

From webmas...@goreliance.com
Subject Re: ModPerl::Registry instead of Apache::Registry?
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 13:16:47 GMT
Nathan Bessette <nbessette@shaw.ca> wrote ..
> I'm having some problems setting up mod_perl 2.0 (1.9905) with Apache 2.040.
>
> Basically, I have successfully installed both packages, but I seem to be
> missing some of the Apache:: modules. One example is Apache::Registry.
In fact by trial and error I found this out.
> do not have this module, yet mod_perl seems to work fine. The apache
> config file for mod_perl (/etc/httpd/conf.d/perl.conf) contains the line
> "PerlHandler ModPerl::Registry::handler" which seems to indicate that
> Apache::Registry is not needed and that ModPerl::Registry is its
> replacement. Is this true for mod_perl 2.0? I'm getting quite confused
> over some of the transitions from mod_perl 1.xx to 2.xx. Help!
I am missing Apache::Constants, Apache::FakeRequest etc. These probably have been renamed
and waiting to be documented.

Also, I have been able to run my CGI using ModPerl::Registry but unable to run modperl scripts.
I created a separate VHOST for trying out modperl. I tried everything but could not get it
going... I will be posting my details separately.