perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jarkko Hietaniemi <...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: CGI::Carp
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 20:44:15 GMT
> CGI::Carp is no longer working consistently for all combinations of
> Perl and mod_perl versions.  One way I have found to solve most of
> the problems people are reporting is to backtrack and go back to
> replacing the die handler this way:
>>
> 	$SIG{__DIE__} = \&mydie;
>
> rather than
>
> 	*CORE::GLOBAL::die =&mydie;
>
> as is currently the case.
>
> The mailing lists are very confused (and confusing) on the issue of
> the magic $SIG{__DIE__} data structure.  Can you offer any advice?

What seems to be the, umm, confusion?  Reading perlfunc and perlvar
on the subject I would say that $SIG{__DIE__} should *not* be used
currently if one wants to write a 'handler' for die().  The problem
is that the $SIG{__DIE__} is called also in evals.

--
Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi@iki.fi> http://www.iki.fi/jhi/ "There is this special