perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Michael Koob" <mich...@michaelkoob.com>
Subject RE: Intermittent Error - Setting Cookies on POST request redirect response
Date Fri, 09 May 2003 14:19:35 GMT
As recommended earlier by another list member I had fully specified the
cookie domain and paths and that seemed to correct the problem. When in
actuality it only corrected part of the problem. The error rate has
dropped drastically however the error still occurs occasionally. I think
that I am setting a "permanent" cookie if I take your meaning correctly.

			my $reg_cookie = Apache::Cookie->new(	$apr,
#set cookie parameters

-name 		=> "REGPRO",

-value 		=> $id,

-path 		=> "/",

-expires 	      => "365d", 		#Expires in one year

-domain 	      => '.xxx.com'

);
			$reg_cookie->bake();

This however does not work 100% of the time. I still see errors from IE.
Even though it has to go through a browser cookie acceptance test before
it can reach the page. This cookie test sets a permanent cookie on a
redirect as well. I am beginning to think that it has to do with the
fact that the redirect to the requested page is happening over an ssl
connection. However, the cookie test works and it is all done over an
ssl connection as well if the requested page is delivered over ssl. It
is very confusing. Maybe I should move the question to the
Apache/mod_ssl lists.

Michael