perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Martin Moss" <Martin_m...@btinternet.com>
Subject What the...grrrrrrrr? Global symbol "$bdbh" requires explicit package
Date Wed, 07 May 2003 02:32:30 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm suffering from a quirky problem.
If I start apache from the command line (as root) with :-
/etc/init.d/apache_mymodperllink start

my apache server starts fine and I have no issues.

However when I added this to my startup scripts so the above script would be
called on run levels 3,4,& 5 and then rebooted, I get the following errors:-
Global symbol "$bdbh" requires explicit package name at
/home/mydir.prj/perllib//MyModule/Apache/Request.pm line 118
One point to note is I'm pre-loading a load of modules dynamically using a
require, rather than a 'use'.

I'm sure it must be something to do with my paths, symbolic links and file
permissions, but I can't figure out what the issue is:-
Here are some of the file permissions:-

/home :-
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     cvs          4096 Dec 10 23:27 mydir.prj

/home/mydir/:-
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     cvs          4096 Dec 10 23:32 perllib

/home/mydir/perllib/:-
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           42 Dec 10 23:32  ->
/home/martydev/MyModule/lib/perl/MyModule/

/home :-
drwxrw-r-x   23 marty    cvs          4096 May  6 21:37 martydev

/home/martydev AND all subsequent dirs have the same permissions as below:-
drwxrwxr-x   10 marty    cvs          4096 May  2 02:55 MyModule

/home/martydev/MyModule/lib/perl/MyModule/Apache
-rw-rw-r--    1 marty    cvs          8471 May  2 02:52 Request.pm

I run My apache server as user 'apache' (setup in http.conf) and the user
apache is a member of the cvs group.

I can compile all my scripts ok, whilst running as user apache, so I just
can't understand why I'm getting these weird compilation errors.

Answers on a postcard,

Regards

Marty