perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: [mp2] Latest mod_perl funny test results
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2003 02:01:28 GMT
Beau E. Cox wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I just upgraded to Apache 2.0.44 (source) and mod_perl-1.99-09-dev
> (CVS source) on my SuSE 8.1 test server. All test scripts completed
> OK. I am omitting the details of my configuration - will supply them
> if anyone thinks this problem is related to them.
>
> As I have with prior installations, I am tip-toeing through the
> tests until my server is completely up to date (+mason, +mod_ssl,
> +lots of vhosts, etc.).
>
> To start, I set my httpd.conf as per the mod_perl docs:
>
> LoadModule perl_module /srv/www/modules/mod_perl.so
> PerlRequire "/srv/www/conf/startup.pl"
>
> Alias /perl/ /srv/www/perl/
> <Location /perl/>
>       SetHandler perl-script
>       PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
>       PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
>       Options +ExecCGI
> </Location>
>
> And wrote the test script in /srv/www/perl/rocks.html (with
> the proper permissions/ownership):
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
> print "<h3>mod_perl 2.0 rocks!</h3>\n";
>
> Browsing to localhost/perl/rocks.html gives:

> mod_perl 2.0 rocks!
>
> (with the second line emboldened to h3). The
> view->source shows:

> <h3>mod_perl 2.0 rocks!</h3>
>
> Question: why isn't my 'Content-type' line output as a HTTP header?

Good catch, Beau. I broke the header parsing in one of the recent commits.
Apparently relying on content_type not being set before the response handler
was a bad bet. the default mime handler probably sets it since the file is
called .html, whereas all our registry tests are .pl, which the mime handler
doesn't know what to do with and therefore sets no content_type() do they
weren't catching the problem.

I'll fix that in a few days, since what I was trying to do is to solve some
other more complicated problems. So it requires a good thinking how to solve
them in a different way. So please bear with me. I want to finish first the
update of the filters tutorial, and then will be back to fixing things.