perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: Override Authentication for one sub directory
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 13:19:36 GMT

Scott Alexander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Apache-AuthCookie-3.04 for authentication
> I have a protected directory with 10 sub directories, one directory needs
> to be open to any user.
>
> I could write 10 <Directory /usr/local/systems/work/directory_1> or use a
> <PERL> section in the conf file to create the 10 directory directives.
>
> Can I override the settings for one directory somehow? So any user with no
> login or password will get in. Actually I don't even want the login prompt
> to appear.

we talk about this in the cookbook - recipe 13.5.

basically, you need to disable authentication for the directories in
question.  see

http://www.modperlcookbook.org/code/ch13/Cookbook/PassLocalIP.pm

for the example from the book, which disables auth phases for allowed IPs.

also keep in mind the Satisfy Any directive, which is what you probably
should use if you're thinking about IP based stuff :)

HTH

--Geoff