perl-modperl mailing list archives

From william ross <w...@spanner.org>
Subject Re: passing an object to a handler
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 19:30:09 GMT

On Wednesday, October 2, 2002, at 08:18 PM, Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:

> At 20:47 02.10.2002, william ross wrote:
>> but I can't find anything to tell me how to do it. I feel sure I'm
>> missing something really obvious here?
>
> You can configure objects instead of using static class names. See the
> doc:
>
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/method_handlers.html

sorry: i wasn't very clear, was I? I am using a method handler, but I
want to pass an object of another class to it each time it is called.
The object needs to be created outside of an individual request, and
therefore presumably in a startup file, and then either passed to the
handler along with each request, or somehow made available to all the
requests, but preferably without setting a class variable, which is
what I do at the moment but dislike.

thanks

will