perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jean-Michel Hiver <jhi...@mkdoc.com>
Subject Re: cookies and IE
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2002 08:40:42 GMT
> Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong.  I do know that I was
> seeing inconsistent behavior with cookies not being saved in a
> redirect page (mostly IE PC, but not 100% of the time), but I didn't
> spend any time worrying about it because of the previous messages I
> remembered.  A quick check of my mailbox shows a discussion back in
> March where someone suggested using Refresh instead of Redirect to
> get around the problem.  I recall previous discussions, but I don't
> have any on file.

Actually, I had the same problem with certain versions of IE not setting
cookies when they are used with redirects... I ended up making it so
that the redirect was unnecessary.

After a while I switched to HTTP authentication - In many ways it's even
simpler :-)

Cheers,
--
IT'S TIME FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF WEB