perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Alan <a...@ufies.org>
Subject virtualhost based variables
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 22:00:37 GMT
Greetings again.

I'm trying to figure out the best/fastest/most elegant way of setting
virtualhost based variables.  Basically I have three sites, and the only
difference between them is the DocumentRoot ($htdocroot) and the database
their data is being accessed from ($dbh).

When it was a single site I had $documentroot and $dbh declared in my
startup.pl, and my modules accessed it through $main::dbh, and it was
all find and dandy.

Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to use $r->dir_config in every
module to get the document root and re-create $dbh?

I know mod_perl 2.0 will solve this problem with the +Parent option, but
heading to apache 2.0 might not be an option at this point.

So how does everyone else do it? :)

TIA

alan

--
Alan "Arcterex" <alan@ufies.org>   -=][=-   http://arcterex.net
"I used to herd dairy cows. Now I herd lusers. Apart from the isolation, I