perl-modperl mailing list archives

From l...@lupe-christoph.de (Lupe Christoph)
Subject Re: Daft question - preventing the username password box from appearing.
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 14:06:28 GMT
On Tuesday, 2002-10-01 at 14:16:47 +0100, Martin Moss wrote:

> I do not wish to have the prompt box appear, I want to have a dynamically
> produced login form which when submitted carries out the users previous
> command (I have an authentication system which 'times out' a user)

You can't in mod_perl. When you use Basic Authentication, the *browser*
pops up the "prompt box". To change this, you have to ditch Basic Auth
and implement something else.

You best start by looking at the various "auth" packages in Apache and
those in in Perl (Apache::.*Auth). Then consider doing this in
Javascript or in HTML.

HTH,
Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe@lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| Big Misunderstandings #6398: The Titanic was not supposed to be        |