perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Martin Moss" <Martin_m...@btinternet.com>
Subject Daft question - preventing the username password box from appearing.
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 13:16:47 GMT
All,

How do I change the behaviour of get_basic_auth_passwd()

I do not wish to have the prompt box appear, I want to have a dynamically
produced login form which when submitted carries out the users previous
command (I have an authentication system which 'times out' a user)

the problem I have is that this doesn't work:-

 my $response=&timedout($r); #returns a string of html to display
      $r->custom_response(AUTH_REQUIRED,$response);
      return AUTH_REQUIRED;

The problem is this still prompts the user for his username and password,
and only displays the html is the user presses cancel.
How do I ditch the login box completely?

Regards

Marty