perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: lame load balancer, mod_proxy, and sticky sessions
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2002 04:28:48 GMT
Ask Bjoern Hansen wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Perrin Harkins wrote:
>

>>Calbazana, Al wrote:
>>
>>>I'd like to know if it is possible to use mod_proxy as a sticky session
>>>manager.
>>
>>It's possible in the sense that you could write a sticky session manager
>>and glom it onto mod_proxy.  It's certainly not there right now.
>

> Uh, couldn't a combination of mod_backhand and mod_rewrite (using
> cookies) do it?

I believe mod_backhand could do it alone, but that's not mod_proxy.
None of the approaches I've seen for using mod_rewite with mod_proxy for
load-balancing handle the high-availability part, i.e. removing servers
that have gone down from rotation, but mod_backahand does, and it
handles sticky sessions.

- Perrin