perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: $r->push_handlers('PerlAuthenHandler', 'Some::handler') doesn'twork
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 13:08:50 GMT

Rodney Broom wrote:
> From: Per Einar Ellefsen <pereinar@oslo.online.no>
>
>>dir_config is the Perl{Set,Add}Var configuration...
>

> Yep, you're right. But I'm sort of grasping at straws at this point.
>

>>You can just add that and let your handler decide regardless of the value
>>of requires...
>

> Yes, but there are side effects:
>

> 1. When the access handler finds a URI that doesn't need authentication turned on:
>
>   # httpd.conf
>   <Location />
>     require jack handy
>   </Location>
>
>   # Access handler
>   return OK;  # Since we don't care about the current URI.

you should wipe the Authen and Authz handlers clean at this point, too.

$r->set_handlers(PerlAuthenHandler => [\&OK]);
$r->set_handlers(PerlAuthzHandler => [\&OK]);

see Recipe 13.5 in the Cookbook for more information, as well as the
'Satisfy Any' Apache configuration directive option - maybe some
combination of these will suit your needs.

HTH

--Geoff