perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Enrico Sorcinelli <e.sorcine...@pisa.iol.it>
Subject Re: Apache::DBI new connects in error_log...
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 17:36:27 GMT
On Tue, 3 Sep 2002 09:05:45 -0700 (PDT)
"Anthony E." <apwebdesign@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm getting an awful lot of these error statements in
> my error_log file for apache:
>
> --
> 25935 Apache::DBI             new connect to
> 'db:1.2.3.4UserPassAutoCommit=1PrintError=1'
> --
>
> It looks like they are happening for every database
> connection, like the db connections are not staying
> persistent. I'm using Apache::DBI in my startup.pl
> script under mod_perl. Also the web server has been
> crashing every 10 minutes, when the server load gets
> up to about 105.
>
> any ideas?

There are some additional informations that you should supply
in order to help you, like

- Are connections per-user?
- Have you loaded Apache::DBI before DBI or before any module that load it?
- How many childs? (with Apache::DBI 1 child = 1 connection)
- Software version (Apache, Perl, mod_perl, DBI and Apache::DBI) of course

Bye

	- Enrico