perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Rodney Broom" <mod_p...@rbroom.com>
Subject Re: $r->push_handlers('PerlAuthenHandler', 'Some::handler') doesn'twork
Date Sun, 01 Sep 2002 19:05:55 GMT
From: Geoffrey Young <geoff@modperlcookbook.org>

> you probably don't have a Require directive in your httpd.conf for
> this particular <Location>.

You're right, I don't. In fact, I can't. One of the things the access handler does is to look
up the URI in a database, which happens at run time. (The <Location> directive would
happen at server load time.) I need the access handler to decide wether or not the requested
URI needs authentication.

> Apache will not run the Authen or Authz phases unless there is a
> Require directive, no matter what you put onto the mod_perl handler stack.

I sort of thought this myself, so I tried $r->dir_config->add('require', 'valid-user')
in the access handler. No help.

---
Rodney Broom
President, R.Broom Consulting