perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Dave Rolsky <auta...@urth.org>
Subject Re: ANNOUNCE: Mason 1.12
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 21:11:27 GMT
On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, David Wheeler wrote:

> No, CVS is kind-of brain-dead about this. I suggest you use sprintf to
> properly format the version number with appropriate number of 0s.
>
> Although, with those version numbers, it might be a little late.

See, that's the problem.  We're up in the hundreds.  Maybe we should've
started formatting these with '%04d' way back when but that certainly
wouldn't help now.

We _could_ just jack up the first number, but that'd be a bit odd given
that Mason itself is only at 1.1201.

Or we could just use the CVS revision as an integer, not a float.  That is
weirder in some ways, but will just work right forever.

-dave

www.urth.org
we await the New Sun