perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Local file security (in 1.27)
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 08:04:26 GMT
[...]
> So, question is: How do I protect my data files from being accessed by
> anything else than my own perlhandler? Can I set another uid for all that
> has to do with my specific perlhandler? Hints are most welcome.

You can't. The only solution is run a dedicated server for each user.
Currently the pure Apache solution is to use suexec, which you cannot
run under mod_perl. This is all covered at:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/multiuser/multiuser.html

this issue will be addressed in 2.0 with perchild Apache mpm which
allows you to run different groups of servers/threads under different
uids/gids. If I remember correctly this mpm is highly experimental at
this point.