perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Ask Bjoern Hansen <...@develooper.com>
Subject Re: Modperl! Your private *UNDERAGE* lolitas and boys!
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 00:05:49 GMT
On 4 Aug 2002, Michael Poole wrote:

[...]
> I'd like to know, too.  I'm a resident of Virginia, USA, and the state
> anti-spam laws make the original mail punishable by fines (since it
> used falsified headers, specifically the spoofed From:).
> Unfortunately, apache.org's mailer wiped the Received: trail, so it's
> impossible to track upstream.

You can get the original message from the archive.

mail modperl-getv-27601@perl.apache.org < /dev/null
http://www.ezmlm.org/faq-0.40/FAQ-10.html#ss10.1

The spammer used a return address of modperl@apache.org which at
some point came into the list of allowed addresses.  I've
unsubscribed that address.

Most spam is sent with a not-subscribed address, so it goes to me.

However, it's obviously still quite possibly to send spam to the
list.  The only way to prevent it, is to request a confirmation for
every posting.

  - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://askbjoernhansen.com/ !try; do();