perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Enrico Sorcinelli <e.sorcine...@pisa.iol.it>
Subject Re: [RFC] Apache::SessionManager
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 17:53:56 GMT
On Fri, 02 Aug 2002 13:12:30 -0400
Perrin Harkins <perrin@elem.com> wrote:

> Right, that's my point.  Your module has overlap with them in terms of
> managing cookies and specifying locations, but adds the actual calls to
> Apache::Session.  If I were doing something like this, I would probably
> start with one of the Auth modules, which already do a good job of
> handling things like cookie verification and even cookie-less sessions,
> and add the actual Apache::Session glue.

The merge code solution is a possible solution that I'll consider

> It might at least be worth stealing some code from the other modules,
> like the ticket-based cookies idea, but of course you can do what you
> like.  I think it's good to have a module like this, and if you put
> yours out there people can contribute to it.

Thanks, I'll do it as soon as possible...

> Incidentally there is also
> a session manager module very similar to this in the Extropia modules.

Sincerely, I don't know Extropia modules!

> > I've written Apache::SessionManager to be used _also_ in a mod_perl handlers
> >
> > or in a CGI script over Registry.
>
> The Apache::Auth modules also support that.

The Apache::Auth* family support authentication with cookies but there aren't
methods to store persistent data over HTTP requests (other than session key)

Apache::SessionManager only manage sessions and actually you can write
a custom PerlAuthenHandler to autohorize user accesses to certain resources

Bye

	- Enrico

Enrico Sorcinelli - Gruppo E-Comm
Italia On Line S.p.a.