perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "sully" <sull...@rogers.com>
Subject [Newbie Q] Running into strange 420-character POST limit.
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 07:51:09 GMT
Apologies in advance for a question that may or may not make any sense. Fact is, there seems
to be no other place to go but here to find a healthy collection of Apache + mod_perl + experience.
Mailing list archive searches of mine must be targetting the wrong keywords because nothing
has helped.

Setup:
Apache/1.3.26 (Win32) and mod_perl/1.26_01-dev. Internet Explorer 6.0.26 and Mozilla 1.0 (2002053012)
on the browser end. Let my newbie roots show. :)

Problem:
I am writing a very basic discussion form under the above platform. When a form reply is POSTed
with a CONTENT_LENGTH greater than 420 characters, all data from the form seems to get wiped
out.

Example:
A) CONTENT_LENGTH: 153
    CONTENT_TYPE: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
    Message body Apache/mod_perl actually see: A simple test. I don't ask that goddamn much
from you, mod_perl. WHY MUST YOU DO THIS?
    Message body Apache/mod_perl actually see: A simple test. I don't ask that goddamn much
from you, mod_perl. WHY MUST YOU DO THIS?

B) CONTENT_LENGTH: 859
    CONTENT_TYPE: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
    Message body Apache/mod_perl actually see: Blank.
    Message body: With ATI’s unique positioning in the value space with RADEON 9000 PRO,
what does it compete with? Officially, the answer is NVIDIA’s GeForce4 MX series. The MSRP
of the RADEON 9000 PRO matches up very closely with GeForce4 MX 440, while the RADEON 9000’s
equivalent would be the GeForce4 MX 420. But in the real world, things are much more complicated
than that. NVIDIA has two GeForce4 Ti 4200 variants with street prices that are very competitive
with RADEON 9000 PRO. And if that wasn’t enough, making things even more complicated are
RADEON 8500 and RADEON 8500LE cards manufactured by ATI and its partners that are also selling
within a handful of dollars of the RADEON 9000 PRO. But before we get into those aspects in
more detail, lets discuss the roots of the RADEON 9000/RADEON 9000 PRO.

Answer:
You tell me! :) A problem with Apache? A problem with mod_perl? A problem with IE/Mozilla?
Do I need to be posting large forms such as this using multipart/form-data with mod_perl?
Please. Help.

Ever humble,

S. Syed

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention
in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and
tequila."
                                                -- Mitch Ratliffe