perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Site Host Providers that Support mod_perl?
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 17:10:33 GMT
David Simcik wrote:
> Alright, I'm a total mod_perl newbie and would like to find a host for my
> personal site that allows me to develop mod_perl scripts. First off, I'm
> assuming that there is no way to install mod_perl on my current provider due
> to (obvious) access privilige restrictions to Apache?

you can be surprised :) you can. you won't be able to run it on ports <
1024, but other than that, no prob. See
http://perl.apache.org/guide/install.html#Installation_Without_Superuser_P

> Secondly, the obvious
> question here, whom would you folks recommend for hosting services, assuming
> the afforementioned?

Not sure if this will help, but try:
http://perl.apache.org/isp.html

I'm looking forward for people sending me updated info and new hosts!!!
I mean that. Please!

p.s. David, you will probably want to check what the mod_perl guide and
other docs on the perl.apache.org have to offer, since you probably will
have more questions in the future.