perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Burak G├╝rsoy <jeolo...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: cleanest way to have globals in a CGI
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 20:13:38 GMT
use them in a package and call like: $MyPackage::var1 or use object
orientation... or just use the vars pragma...

-----Original Message-----
From: F. Xavier Noria [mailto:fxn@isoco.com]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 4:04 PM
To: modperl@apache.org
Subject: cleanest way to have globals in a CGI

Hello, I am the author of a CGI written in Perl (a single file) which is
publicly available.  Currently there are some file-scoped lexicals used
in routines and I would like to change that in the next release in case
anyone wanted to run it under Apache::Registry.

Since there would be just one Perl interpreter I guess plain "use vars"
would add symbols to a in principle shared by more code main namespace,
do you know whether there is a standard, clean solution for this?

-- fxn