perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Ask Bjoern Hansen <...@valueclick.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] Apache::CacheContent - Caching PerlFixupHandler
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:50:52 GMT
On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Paul Lindner wrote:

> > BTW -- I think where the docs are cached should be configurable.  I don't
> > like the idea of the document root writable by the web process.
>
> That's the price you pay for this functionality.  Because we use
> Apache's native file serving code we need a url->directory mapping
> somewhere.

uh, why couldn't Apache::CacheContent just set
$r->filename("/where/we/put/the/cache/$file") ?

If you add Bill's suggestion about caching on args, headers and
whatnot you would (on some filesystems) need something like that
anyway to make a hashed directory tree.

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://ask.netcetera.dk/         !try; do();