perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Brett W. McCoy" <bmc...@chapelperilous.net>
Subject Re: User customisable website application?
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:09:02 GMT
On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Russell Matbouli wrote:

> Just to clarify what I mean by customisable - the user can log in and
> change their colour scheme, font, ordering of components, choose a
> theme... The sort of thing you see on some commercial websites.

There are some websites out there that are user customizable --
www.perlmonks.org, for instance, has some customizable features.  It
shouldn't be too difficult to do what you are shooting for, especially if
you use a modular/component based architecture like Mason or AxKit.

-- Brett
                                          http://www.chapelperilous.net/
Agree with them now, it will save so much time.