perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Brett W. McCoy" <bmc...@chapelperilous.net>
Subject Re: perl with java
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:04:09 GMT
On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, nookala nagaraju wrote:

> I'm a java programmer. I don't know anything about
> perl. I just want to know whether it's possible to
> call servlets from perl scripts after validating some
> data provided by the user. Thank you very much.

Sure -- if you have a servlet engine, like Tomcat running.  They can
behave just like CGI scripts and be the action of a form.

There are also some ways of calling Java directly in Perl, using the
Java.pm or Inline.pm modules, but I don't think they can handle servlets.

-- Brett
                                          http://www.chapelperilous.net/
Life is a concentration camp.  You're stuck here and there's no way
out and you can only rage impotently against your persecutors.
		-- Woody Allen