perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Brett W. McCoy" <bmc...@chapelperilous.net>
Subject Re: ASP.NET Linux equivalent?
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 14:28:56 GMT
On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Vsevolod Ilyushchenko wrote:

> Is anyone aware of a Linux product equivalent to ASP.NET from MS? Its most
> attractive feature is the GUI construction of Web forms and the automatic
> connection of their fields to a database. Since I am getting sick and tired
> of writing over and over the code to process user input and store it in the
> database, a similar product would be a huge help. (PHPLens does something
> similar, but it only presents data in the table format.)

If you are writing the same code over and over again, that's a good sign
you need to start creating modules and using those.

One thing you may want to look at is Mason, which is a component based
architecture for building web sites.  See http://masonhq.com.  But it's
not point and click GUI stuff -- you still need to do some coding.

-- Brett
                                          http://www.chapelperilous.net/
Poverty must have its satisfactions, else there would not be so many poor
people.
		-- Don Herold