perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Frédéric SCHWIEN <f...@igtech.fr>
Subject RE: load balancing on apache
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 16:11:40 GMT
Well, Linux Virtual Server is using ipchains (on the load balancer), and you
can use any kind of OS on your real servers (those running your
application), since it's only TCP/IP routing and/or forwarding.

Fred
  -----Message d'origine-----
  De : Derek Jones [mailto:scunacc@yahoo.com]
  Envoyé : vendredi 14 décembre 2001 15:00
  À : Hemant Singh; modperl@apache.org
  Cc : Derek G Jones
  Objet : RE: load balancing on apache

  Hi all,

  You can do load balancing using ipchains as well.

  Can't remember the program name offhand, but if I have time
  I'll look it up and let the list know.

  Only works if your servers are Linux of course.

  Kind regards

  Derek.
  Derek Jones                      1051, Bollinger Road,
  Tel:    717 359 8817                      Littlestown,
  Mobile: 717 977 4556                    PA, 17340, USA
  Email: scunacc@yahoo.com
  AIM:   scunacc