perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <gyo...@laserlink.net>
Subject RE: PerlRequire/PerlModule and %INC
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2001 04:42:25 GMT
hi guys...

  I know this is from a while ago, but I'm still seeing the double init
thing with PerlModule and PerlRequire on server restarts.  I've tried two
different 5.6.1 installs with current CVS.

  can somebody verify that I'm not seeing things?  the test I was using was
the default httpd.conf.default with just a single PerlModule statement,
trying to boil things down.

thanks

--Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: Stas Bekman
To: Perrin Harkins
Cc: mod_perl list
Sent: 8/6/01 11:03 PM
Subject: Re: PerlRequire/PerlModule and %INC

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Perrin Harkins wrote:

> There have been some messages on the Mason list about people
experiencing
> startup.pl being loaded twice, even without PerlFreshRestart on.  I
know the
> server restarts during startup, but PerlRequire and PerlModule are
both
> supposed to obey the laws of %INC, right?  I seem to remember some
> discussion about this before, but I can't remember what the outcome
was and
> I can't find it in the archive.

The discussion is here:
http://forum.swarthmore.edu/epigone/modperl/lelswyskix

The patch is here:
http://forum.swarthmore.edu/epigone/modperl/lelswyskix/Pine.LNX.4.21.010
4252215370.5162-100000@mako.covalent.net

it's already fixed in 1.26. I've tested again just in case, it works
properly now.

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/