perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Nouguier Olivier <oliv...@akio-solutions.com>
Subject Re: apache::request and other newbie questions
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 09:22:10 GMT
John Michael wrote:
I have a modperl script that uses.
cgi.pm and actually I have been importing my on cgi params from get and
post but do use cgi.pm for cookies.&nbsp; I have read in some other emails
and now in the guide that it is faster to use Apache::Request so I want
to change my script over to this method since it will eventually come under
a heavy load. I added this to my perl.conf filePerlModule Apache::Request
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl . /etc/httpd/)
included with the standard dist of mod perl.
run the script by using a mod-actions handler that I have in my httpd.conf
file like so.The script runs from a blank index.htm page and creates the
dynamic output depending on the referring url and query-string&lt;Directory
"/home/usr1/digital/membersurl/html/protected">
Apache::Request is not shipped with mod_perl ...
Personnaly, I prefer a very simple handler, using ( owned ) libs,&nbsp;
than a "script.pl", that much easy to maintains
with OOP.&nbsp; The script works fine with no errors, but I expect a heavy
load in the future. I eventually want to have the correct solution but
I'm trying to beat the learning curve before the traffic gets there.
or does it have to be written in OO format?</font></font>
to be changed, like I have to use apache::constants to finalize the handler
phase.</font></font>
more and more everyday.</font></font>

<pre>--&nbsp;
My mother always used to tell me, "The early bird gets the worm."
The message seemed pretty clear to me: If you sleep late, you're
a lot less likely to be killed by a bird.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -- Elliott Downing</pre>
&nbsp;