perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Steve Smith <steve.sm...@isay.com.au>
Subject Re: comparison of templating methods?
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 04:26:20 GMT
> HTML::Embperl

For me, this has one major win over the other toolkits: auto form
population from a hash.  The online mortgage application system I
wrote has about 1,800 form fields, which have to be populated with
data from a database.  By making the form fields match DB column
names, I can reduce the code to do this to:

   my $data = $dbh->fetchrow_hashref($query);
   %fdat = (%fdat, %$data);

Embperl then parses the form and populates it with the matching
name=>value pairs in %fdat, including select options.  Beautiful!

Steve