perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Brett W. McCoy" <bmc...@chapelperilous.net>
Subject Re: Java.pm
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2001 21:41:54 GMT
On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, cbell wrote:

> Hello everyone, has anyone had any experience with Java.pm?  There
> doesn't seem to be much info in the mail archives.  I'm trying to access
> a JAR from within perl using the Java.pm, but I always receive the
> error: 'java.lang.ClassNotFoundException'.  I can access the jar from a
> Java script at the command line, so the problem is from within Perl
> itself.
>
> I've tried the following two methods but always end up with the same
> results...
>
> my $class = $java->java_lang_Class("forName","Test");
> my $return_value =
> $java->static_call("MyStaticClass","<function_name>",@params);

I don't know if Java.pm is capable of directly using jar files. I have
gotten it to directly use .class files with no problem.  Did you try
emailing the author?  I emailed him with some questions and he was very
responsive (answer in just a couple of hours).  he can probably give you
the best support.

-- Brett
				   http://www.chapelperilous.net/btfwk/
Begathon, n.:
	A multi-day event on public television, used to raise money so
	you won't have to watch commercials.