perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Andrew Ho <and...@tellme.com>
Subject Re: no_cache & pragma/cache-control headers : confusion
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2001 08:19:10 GMT
Hello,

KO>From the code in Apache.xs, it seems like setting $r->no_cache(0) will
KO>unset the flag, but not remove the headers.

Well, the Expires header is also removed. But it's still broken; you can
verify this buggy behavior with this simple script:

    use Apache ();
    my $r = Apache->request;

    $r->no_cache(1);
    $r->no_cache(0);
    $r->send_http_header;

With mod_perls 1.24_01 and 1.25 on Apaches 1.3.14 and 1.3.19, this call
leaves me with Pragma and Cache-Control headers. Sadly, the nice (but
broken as per above) no_cache() behavior of sending those two headers is
also undocumented in the mod_perl guide to begin with.

Humbly,

Andrew

Andrew Ho               http://www.tellme.com/       andrew@tellme.com
Engineer                   info@tellme.com          Voice 650-930-9062
Tellme Networks, Inc.       1-800-555-TELL            Fax 650-930-9101