perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Brian" <bri...@keweenet.com>
Subject RE: Dynamic httpd.conf file using mod_perl...
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2001 23:12:23 GMT
> It might be easier and more bulletproof to build the conf file
> off-line with
> a simple perl script and a templating tool.  We did this with Template
> Toolkit and it worked well.
> - Perrin

That would be fine and dandy, but it's not exactly what I'm going after.
Currently if I want to make a change to all of our clients I have to go
through and edit every config file (I have a .conf file for each domain and
then use an Include in the httpd.conf).  Using the mod_perl way I can change
it once in the httpd.conf file, restart apache, and the change will take
place for all the domains that are affected by the <Perl> </Perl> code.
Know what I mean?

Brian Johnson
Systems Administrator/Programmer
Keweenet, LLC (www.keweenet.com)
Surgeon General announcement:
"Coffee is a direct substitute for sleep."