perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Perrin Harkins" <per...@primenet.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Re: mod_perl shared memory with MM
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2001 20:33:04 GMT
> Can I ask why you are not useing IPC::Sharedlight (as its pure C and
> apparently much faster than IPC::Shareable - I've never benchmarked it
> as I've also used IPC::Sharedlight).

Full circle back to the original topic...
IPC::MM is implemented in C and offers an actual hash interface backed by a
BTree in shared memory.  IPC::ShareLite only works for individual scalars.

It wouldn't surprise me if a file system approach was faster than either of
these on Linux, because of the agressive caching.

- Perrin