perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Andrew Ho <and...@tellme.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Dynamically changing current package
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 07:20:10 GMT
Hello,

AH>This isn't strictly a mod_perl question, but is there a good way in
AH>general Perl to dynamically change the current package name?

GED>perldoc -f package

I know how to use "package" in the normal case, where it's static.
However, you can't say "package $foo" or even "eval 'package foo'" or even
"BEGIN { eval 'package foo' }." I'm wondering if there's any way short of
hacking the Perl source itself to make the compiler dynamically choose a
namespace.

Humbly,

Andrew

Andrew Ho               http://www.tellme.com/       andrew@tellme.com
Engineer                   info@tellme.com          Voice 650-930-9062
Tellme Networks, Inc.       1-800-555-TELL            Fax 650-930-9101