perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Robin Berjon <ro...@knowscape.com>
Subject [OT] web games running under modperl
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2001 15:57:08 GMT
Hi,

this is not directly modperl related, but it's for a project that will run
under modperl. A client of mine wants to have all sorts of games on his
website, some single player, some multiplayer. I have very little game
programming experience and I don't really feel like reimplementing
backgammon or chess :-)

The good thing is that the games needn't have IA (people never play against
a computer), they just need to know the rules and control display. I looked
into CPAN and googled for that, and though there are a few first leads I
couldn't go very far. So, does anybody know of some Perl libs or scripts
that could be easily cleaned up to run as handlers for typical games
(chess, checkers, backgammon, etc...) ?

Thanks in advance,

-- robin b.
There's too much blood in my caffeine system.