perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Buddy Lee Haystack <hayst...@email.rentzone.org>
Subject Re: problems installing mod_perl when apache is already installed...
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 21:32:26 GMT
Try installing it DSO. The following link will provide some directions.

http://perl.apache.org/guide/install.html#Installing_separate_Apache_and_m

> Webmaster wrote:
>
> I'm looking forward to start using Apache and mod_perl together...etc. The common E-commerce
scenario. I will also be planning to put in Embperl, and use MySQL. I have a RH 7.0 system
with Apache 1.3.12 already installed and previously configured by me. Now I'm trying to install
mod_perl but I'm having problems cuz it seems like I can't find the Apache source anywhere!!!
Obviously if it comes pre-installed, then it would be a RPM package. I queried...but still....I
can't find the source...
> I'm looking at trying this with mod_perl installation:
>
> # cd /usr/src/mod_perl-1.25
> # perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../apache_x.x.x/src \
> DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1 EVERYTHING=1
> # make && make test && make install
>
> but these seem to be instructions for installing Apache also...but I don't want to uninstall,
for fear of dependency conflicts with modules....

> Is there a way to solve this problem???
>

> perhaps this problem can be solved if I find a mod_perl rpm package....but I can't find
one anywhere on the net....can anyone help with this???