perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Martin Wood <mw...@orctel.co.uk>
Subject Re: Using modperl as an 'adaptor' front end to an app server.
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2001 11:41:18 GMT
On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 06:44:07PM +0800, Gunther Birznieks wrote:
> Yes, we do this for several clients using SOAP as an RPC transport to Java
> middleware.

Out of interest, are all these clients using different SOAP implementations on different platforms?

We are designing a system that accepts XML messages from disparate sources and routes them
to their destination based on content and are thinking of using SOAP to formalise the encoding
method (transportation is via HTTP), yet I keep reading about issues with interoperability
between different SOAP implementations which defeats the purpose as far as I'm concerened.

Any experiences in this area appreciated. (Off-list?)

Regards,

Martin