perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Daniel Sully" <dan...@electricrain.com>
Subject Using modperl as an 'adaptor' front end to an app server.
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2001 06:28:50 GMT
Is anyone using modperl in a way that it acts as an adaptor/scheduler in
front of an app server in a 3-tier application environment?

Basically I have a vendor provided (with source however) adaptor that
takes incoming requests to the webserver, and passes that request onto
an any number of applications via a socket running on a different
server. It handles failover from dead app instances, however not very
well, and is a big pile of C code. It also has problems in that because
Apache is not multithreaded, one child copy of that adaptor that has
marked an app instance as dead can't let another child know about that
dead instance.

Before I reinvent this C wheel in modperl, has anyone done so already?

-D
--
Off the record, on the QT, and very hush-hush.