perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Tim Bunce <Tim.Bu...@ig.co.uk>
Subject Best GCC compiler options for Intel (perl & apache)
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 13:51:56 GMT
Can anyone recommend extra gcc options to squeeze the last ounce of
performance out of code (perl and apache in this case) on Intel?

I don't mind tying the code down to one cpu type or loosing the ability
to debug etc. We're already doing -O6 and are looking for more.

I recall Malcom Beattie (CC'd, Hi Malcolm!) experimenting in this area,
something about not wasting a register for the frame pointer.

I'm using gcc 2.95.2, is that the latest/best?
It's on FreeBSD 4.1 and 4.2.

Tim.