perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jay Jacobs <...@lach.net>
Subject Apache children hanging (not exiting)
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 22:12:25 GMT
With that previous thread of Apache children hanging up the server it made
me think of an issue I see quite frequently in development... When I stop
the mod_perl server, it won't exit properly (or fast) :

[warn] child process 8530 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
(multiplied by number of processes)

I've seen this on servers running really sloppy code as well as really
tight code (but a lot of it).  Eventually the children do die off, but it
takes about 15 seconds...

Could this be related to the aforemented thread?

Jay Jacobs