perl-modperl mailing list archives

From JoshNar...@aol.com
Subject Re: Apache::Session
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2000 11:24:29 GMT
In a message dated 6/1/2000 10:59:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
niral@planet.net writes:

> Now, I am successfully able to run the script and generate sessionID and
>  store that sessionID in MySQL database table.. But column 'a_session' is
>  always empty!! Following is my code.. When I ran this code first time, I
>  thought, I will have value of '$name' in column 'a_session' but I was
>  wrong!! I mean I am in impression that, in MySQL datastore we can store
>  all information about session for a particular sessionID. But it's not
>  the case.. Whereas if I run the sample example which uses
>  Apache::Session::File, I can see value of '$name' in the actual session
>  file!!! So, Can somebody clear my doubts here??
>
>  Thanks in advance..

If you followed the perldocs, you also made a_session a BLOB.
You won't be able to see the contens of the BLOB doing a
simple select from a command line SQL interface. A BLOB is
binary data.

Plus, it has three columns, not two as you say...
id varchar(16)
length int(11)
a_session blob

-Josh Narins