perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Ariel Manzur <hl...@freeweb.com.ar>
Subject Help writting a module for Apache.
Date Mon, 29 May 2000 13:08:40 GMT
Hi..

I need Apache to do this: always ask for basic authentication, and then
accept any conbination of username/password as correct, and set an
enviroment variable with the password sent on the request, so I can
retrieve that on a CGI script, and do the real authentication there.
I couldn't find a way to do that with the 'standard' apache modules, so I
have to write one, and I have some questions:

- is that any module that alredy does that? :)
- Can anyone point me to a "real life" example, or guide, on how to write
and install a module using mod_perl? I use perl a lot, but I could find
"easy" documentation on how to write modules (I don't want to read a _huge_
man page for this simple task)

Can anyone help? Thanks!!

Bye..

Ariel.