perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Andreas Piesk <a.pi...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Problem with Apache::DBI 0.87
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2000 20:46:48 GMT
On Sat, 04 Mar 2000 20:57:01 +0100, you wrote:

>Andreas Piesk wrote:

>> >are you really sure they died or didn't they come up at all ?
>> >In the latter case our configuration is wrong. If the
>> >connect during server startup does not succeed, your server
>> >won't start until the connect times out.
>> >
>> >Edmund
>>
>> hiho,
>>
>> i don't connect to any server at startup, for now at least :)
>>
>> your first question is a little bit difficult to answer, because i get
>> absolutely no info what's happen at startup. but i know for sure the
>> childs are starting. i can see 11 httpd in my process list,
>> unfortunately for a short time only. after approx. 5 seconds ALL httpd
>> processes are gone. reason: unknown.
>> the master process reported via EXIT_CODE a successful startup but did
>> not wrote the startup message in the logs.
>> any hints ?
>>
>> ciao -ap
>>
>>  Andreas Piesk   a.piesk@gmx.net
>>  pgp fingerprint: 23CB A7E2 2E53 373C  DBCD 8EFC 7777 61C1
>>
>> What goes up, must come down. Ask any system administrator.
>

>Hmmm, try $Apache::DBI::DEBUG = 2
>      and DBI->trace(2);
>

>Edmund

hiho,

thanks for the tip. but still no output of any kind. silent
mailfunction :)

but i discovered another thing. the same thing happened while trying
to load DBI. it seems Apache::DBI isn't the bad guy. here's my config:

<IfModule mod_perl.c>

  PerlFreshRestart      on
  PerlSendHeader        on
  PerlTaintCheck        on
  PerlWarn              on
  PerlPassEnv           SYBASE
  PerlSetVar            StatINCDebug On
  PerlModule            Apache::Registry
  PerlModule            Apache::StatINC
  PerlModule            CGI

#  PerlModule           Apache::DBI	<= won't work
#  PerlModule           DBI		<= dito

  <Files ~ "*.pl$">
    SetHandler          perl-script
    PerlHandler         Apache::Registry
    PerlInitHandler     Apache::StatINC
    Options             +ExecCGI
  </Files>
</IfModule>

is DBI-0.87 somewhat unstable ? i haven't found error reports.

to locate the problem could someone, who has apache+modperl running,
post a detailed explanation including the following:

version used (apache,modperl, perl, gcc, DBI, Apache::DBI )
which parameters for make (perhaps a log of the make/install)

perhaps i can build a working version using this information and find
out, what's wrong with my installation.