perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Help about $r->content( )
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2000 23:49:07 GMT
On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Jim Winstead wrote:

> > Shouldn't this be abstrated through a "->params" feature that would
> > do exactly the above? Low-level method probing like this is precisely
> > what OO programming attempts to mask.
>
> Yes, Apache::Request provides such an interface. (And handles
> multipart/form-data, which the above won't.)

exactly.  if I could take it back, $r->args would always return a string,
and not do anything special in a list context.  and, there would be no
$r->content method.  they can be handy, but don't belong where they
are, Apache::Request is the proper place.  but, that mistake was made 4
years ago, too late to turn back now.